Food Critics: Best Noodles In Kansas City
Segment 1: Pad thai demonstration with Tim Freeman
First we talk with Tim Freeman, whose famous pad thai beat Bobby Flay on the Food Network’s program of the same name. Hear about his journey across the kitchens of the world and listen as he makes a delicious dish right here in the studio.
- Tim Freeman, Executive Chef of the Overland Park Convention Center
Segment 2 (beginning at 22:00): An inside look at Waldo Thai Place
Celisa Calacal gets an in-depth look at the making of Pad Kee Mao, or drunken noodles, from a local thai restaurant.
- Pam Liberda, Executive Chef at Waldo Thai Place
Segment 3 (beginning at 27:05): The best noodles in Kansas City with our food critics
The Central Standard food critics tell us their favorite noodle dishes around the city.
- Charles Ferruzza, KCUR food critic
- Mary Bloch, Around the Block
- Bonjwing Lee, Ulterior Epicure