Family Traditions For The Holidays And Beyond
From serving stuffed celery sticks with cream cheese on the Thanksgiving table to participating in the Pilgrim Run every year or bringing kilts, scotch and good cheer to houses on New Year's Eve, family rituals take many different forms.
On Wednesday's Up to Date, guest host Brian Ellison talks with traditions expert Meg Cox about the ins and outs of those customs we repeat year after year. They explore what traditions represent and how to incorporate technology into new rituals. Plus, listeners and KCUR staff members share their family culture.
- Meg Cox, journalist and author of The Book of New Family Traditions
- Clara Keller
- Christy Marletti
- Jancyn Appel
- Bill Anderson, program director at KCUR
- David Fulk, KCUR's director of philanthropic giving
- Gina Kaufmann, host of Central Standard
- Alyson Raletz, social media producer for KCUR
Check out one family's tradition right here: