Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed January 16, 2013
Captive Audience: The Telecom Industry
Ten years ago, the United States stood at the forefront of the Internet revolution. With some of the fastest speeds and lowest prices in the world for high-speed Internet access, the nation was poised to be the global leader in the new knowledge-based economy.
Today that global competitive advantage has all but vanished.
On Wednesday's Central Standard, we'll talk changes in the telecommunications industry with Susan Crawford, author of the book Captive Audience: The Telecom Industry and Monopoly Power in the New Gilded Age.