7 Lucky St. Patrick's Day Parades In And Around Kansas City
St. Patrick's day is officially on Monday, March 17, but some of the parades start this weekend in and around Kansas City.
For optimal Irish fun, here is a list of some of the activities going on in the area:
- 2014 Brookside 34th Annual St. Patrick's Warm-Up Parade - Saturday, March 15 at 2 p.m. The parade begins at 65th and Wornall and finishes at Meyer Blvd and Brookside Road.
- Irishpalooza Martin City - Sunday, March 16 at 2 p.m. The parade will head east on 135th Street from Washington to Holmes Road.
- Shawnee St. Patrick's Day Parade - Sunday, March 16 at 1 p.m. The parade begins at Johnson Drive and Monrovia. It will continue east on Johnson Drive to Nieman Road.
- Emerald Isle Parade Lee's Summit - Saturday, March 15 at 2 p.m. The parade begins at the Lee's Summit High school and moves through downtown but there are activities all morning throughout town.
- Belton St. Patrick's Day Parade - Saturday, March 15 at 5 p.m. Parade starts on Main Street at Hackberry and finishes at Second street and Hackberry. It is expected to last 30 minutes.
- 42nd Annual Kansas City St. Patrick's Day Parade- Monday, March 17 at 11 a.m. The parade begins at Linwood and 33rd Streets and goes to 43rd Street. It should last approximately two hours.
- Lawrence St. Patrick's Day Parade - Monday, March 17 at 1 p.m. The parade starts on the north side of South Park on Massachusetts and continues around South Park on New Hampshire and finishes just south of the park.