Segment 1: How Kansas City immigrants are dealing with threats of raids.
"Just in case" is the phrase Celia Calderon Ruiz uses to sum up how people in her community are dealing with the possibility of a raid in Kansas City. Our guests offer clarification on the constitutional rights of migrants, regardless of status.
- Angela Ferguson, immigration lawyer, Austin & Ferguson LLC
- Celia Calderon Ruiz, community volunteer, creator of the Cuidémonos workbook for Kansas City's migrant community
- Israel Garcia, artist and curator, Garcia Squared Gallery in the Crossroads
Segment 2: Missouri scientists team up with a textile designer to make lava suits.
If you were going to study volcanos, what would you wear? The fashion options for proximity to flowing lava, which can get to around 2200 degrees fahrenheit, are limited. A designer at MU took on the challenge of changing that.
- Abby Romine, graduate student in textile design, University of Missouri
- Alan Whittington, co-chair, Department of Geology, University of Missouri