Segment 1: A new KC Pet Project facility is set to open next month in Swope Park.
Kansas City's current animal control shelter was never intended to house and care for animals — and it shows. But a new building specifically designed for the purpose will open its doors to humans and animals starting Jan. 1. Learn what the new digs will enable the KC Pet Project to do, that they weren't able to do before.
- Tori Fugate, chief communications officer, KC Pet Project
- Teresa Loar, Kansas City Councilwoman, 2nd District
Segment 2, beginning at 22:30: The latest in indie, foreign and documentary film
For plenty of Americans winter holidays mean lots of movies, but they don't all have to be about Christmas. We got reviews of what's showing now in theaters — not a Yuletide tale to be found — and remembered some of the best cinema of the year.
- Cynthia Haines, film professor and critic
- Steve Walker, film critic and freelance art reporter
- Bob Butler, film critic and creator of ButlersCinemaScene.com