Kansas City Regional Day Trips For Families, Foodies And Lovers
The relentlessly cold winter just might be over, and the sun is starting to shine — at least on occasion.
So, enjoy the spring weather and all our region has to offer with day trips that are big on fun, but won't break the bank or cost you precious vacation time.
Central Standard host Brian Ellison talked with experts who shared ideas and tools to find the best day trips in and around Kansas City.
From that discussion came this list of ideas:
For nature lovers:
- Zipline at Adventure Zip KC
- Deanna Rose's Farmstead
- Louisberg Cider Mill
- Children's Discovery Center
- Henry's Plant Farm
- Tour the Kansas Statehouse
For history buffs:
- The Elms Spa Hotel and Spa in Excelsior Springs, Mo.
- Alan Carr, Vice President of Marketing & Communications, Kansas City Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Amy Garton, Director of Interactive Solutions, Overland Park Convention & Visitors Bureau