Seg. 1: Remembering Aretha Franklin. Seg. 2: Dog People And Kansas City
Segment 1: The Queen of Soul passed away last week. We pause to remember her legacy.
Aretha Franklin had musical connections in Kansas City. On this episode, we learn about that history and listen to a few of her most iconic songs.
- Chuck Haddix, host of KCUR's "The Fish Fry" and Director, Marr Sound Archives
Segment 2, beginning at 11:57: Dog owners have needs. Can Kansas City meet them?
The modern life of a dog owner presents unique challenges. We discuss what life as a dog owner is like in Kansas City and how local businesses are responding to their needs.
- Julie Urbanik, Ph.D, animal studies scholar; creator of Kansas City: An American Zoopolis
- Micah Hay, local dog enthusiast
- Michelle Rivera, founder and CEO, Spay Neuter Kansas City
- Leib Dodell, co-founder, Bar K Dog Bar