Seg. 1: Abuse In Churches. Seg. 2: Health And Wellness Librarian
Segment 1: What are local churches doing to prevent and report abuse?
Abuse in the church is a particular kind of betrayal. And it's an issue church-goers everywhere are wrestling with after news in Texas broke of pastors who could still find work despite long histories of sexual abuse allegations. In this conversation, we hear how local survivors, clergy, and advocates are responding to these stories.
- Emily Jaeger, blogger, Finding God's Gifts
- Stephanie Krehbiel, executive director, Into Account
- Cheryl Jefferson Bell, associate pastor, United Methodist Church of the Resurrection
- Melanie Austin, Director of Education, MOCSA
Segment 2, beginning at 36:14: What exactly is a "health and wellness" librarian?
Librarians in pop culture are generally portrayed as a strict academic type, haunting aisles of bookshelves telling people to "Shh!" But a new librarian in town roundhouse kicks that stereotype by coordinating exercise and health education programs with the Kansas City Public Library.
- Amanda Landayan, health and wellness librarian, KC Public Library