Seg. 1: Too Much Traveling | Seg. 2: Black Cowboys
Segment 1: As the tourism industry grows, so do questions about the impact of travel.
Are there ways to enjoy greater acess to travel while also treading more lightly on the destinations we visit? Or do we simply need to cut back?
- Martha Honey, founder, Center for Responsible Travel
- Marcia Rozell, past president, Flint Hills Tourism Coalition
- George Frazier, author, The Last Wild Places of Kansas
- Ward Franz, director, Missouri Tourism
Segment 2: A local author raises awareness of black cowboys.
Trae Q.L. Venerable is a fourth-generation cowboy. He wants kids to see that it's possible to be a black cowboy, and to see that black writers have stories to tell. So he's writing children's books and organizing readings for young audiences.
- Trae Q.L. Venerable, author, the Grandpa, I Just Wanna Be A Cowboy series