Kansas City Activists, Police React To Violence Across The Country
The shootings of Alton Sterling in Louisiana, Philando Castile in Minnesota, and several police officers in Dallas are still fresh in the minds of many across the country. On this edition of Up To Date, we hear from a diverse panel of community members, activists and police about how these tragedies affect us here in Kansas City.
- Diane Burkholder is a co-founder of One Struggle KC
- Alvin Brooks is a longtime community leader, and currently a member of the Kansas City Board of Police Commissioners
- Damon Daniels is the executive director of The Ad Hoc Group Against Crime
- Rabbi Doug Alpert is part of the Metropolitan Organization for Racial and Economic Equality
- Charles Epp is a professor at the University of Kansas and one of the authors of Pulled Over: How Police Stops Define Race and Citizenship.
- Brad Lemon is the president and department liaison with the Kansas City Missouri Fraternal Order of Police.