Seg. 1: Campaign Ad Fact-Checking Tips For Voters. Seg. 2: Kansas City Hiring And Firing News.
Segment 1: How to analyze political ads.
As midterm election campaigns start to hit their stride, voters in Kansas and Missouri are sure to be inundated with any number of political advertisements. As a public service (and at the request of a listener named Mary Anne) we spoke with trusted, professional fact-checkers about what to keep an eye out for when attempting to separate the fact from conjecture.
- Katie Sanders, PolitiFact managing editor
- Louis Jacobson, PolitiFact senior correspondent
Segment 2, beginning at 26:26: Updates on the Kansas City area's economy and biggest employers.
Maybe you’ve noticed: In recent weeks and months, there have been all manner of massive layoffs and hirings when it comes to some of the biggest employers in the Kansas City metro. The layoff side of the ledger has included Sprint and DST Systems. On the upside, Burns & McDonnell is hiring like crazy. But how’s this all balancing out, and what does it mean for the future of the Kansas City area? We asked corporate and economic watchers from Kansas and Missouri.
- Brian Kaberline, Kansas City Business Journal editor
- Frank Lenk, Mid-America Regional Council director of research services
- Jeremy Hill, Center for Economic Development and Business Research director