Seg. 1: Nursing Homes & Mental Health | Seg. 2: Indie Film Critics
Segment 1: Nursing homes in Kansas can be a "black hole" for people with mental illness
Red flags are being raised about a lack of mental health resources in Kansas, and the affect it's having on people's ability to move into independent living situations. In that state, patients who don't need to be institutionalized but aren't quite ready for independence sometimes end up in nursing homes. The problem is keeping that stop-gap measure from becoming permanent.
- Rocky Nichols, executive director of Disability Rights Center of Kansas
- Cindy Luxem, president and CEO of Kansas Health Care Association
Segment 2, beginning at 21:15: Our Film Critics have some great — and not so great — movies to share.
Our foreign, independent and documentary Film Critics reviewed a new batch of movies. Hear why our critics gave "Hot Air" three thumbs down, and why "Peanut Butter Falcon" could find its way to the Oscars.
- Cindy Haines, film professor and critic
- Steve Walker, film critic and freelance arts reporter
- Bob Butler, film critic and creator of ButlersCinemaScene.com