Seg. 1: Healthy Homes Initiative | Seg. 2: Indie Film Critics
Segment 1: Some are living in temporary housing after Kansas City's rental inspection program revealed deplorable conditions at a Northland apartment complex.
Landlords are under pressure to ensure healthy living conditions or face sanctions from the Kansas City Health Department. Currently, eight inspectors are reviewing approximately 1,100 complaints over rental properties in the city.
- Kansas City Councilman Dan Fowler, 2nd District
- Naser Jouhani, Environmental Health Services manager, Kansas City Health Department
Segment 2, beginning at 23:39: The films you should see, and the Tivoli's transition into the Nelson-Atkins Museum.
"Official Secrets" starts slow, but Keira Knightley's stellar performance earns this film three thumbs up from our critics. They say a moving documentary about singer Linda Ronstadt is one you'll want tissues for. Hear reviews on all of their must-sees, and which films they say are Oscar-worthy.
- Cindy Haines, film professor and critic
- Steve Walker, film critic and freelance arts reporter
- Bob Butler, film critic and creator of ButlersCinemaScene.com