Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Food and Drink
Fri January 14, 2011
Italian Gardens: A History of Kansas City Through its Favorite Restaurant.
For five decades DiCapo greeted visitors to the Italian Gardens restaurant in downtown Kansas City. During that time he saw the restaurant become a Kansas City favorite hosting countless local and national celebrities over the years.
By The Walt Bodine Show
Walt Bodine and Monroe Dodd welcomes Carl DiCapo and John David DiCapo to talk about Italian Gardens: A History of Kansas City Through its Favorite Restaurant.
For five decades DiCapo greeted visitors to the Italian Gardens. During that time he saw the restaurant become a Kansas City favorite.
Italian Gardens hosted countless local and national celebrities over the years, many of whom were members of the Sabenadica Club.
Derived from the restaurant's so-called Sabenadica Table, a place where lone travelers could sit together rather than occupy a table that could otherwise be used for a larger group, the club grew to over 2,000 members and consisted of local regulars as well as celebrities such as Yogi Berra, Rocky Marciano, "Cinderella Man" James Braddock, John Cameron Swayze, Basil Rathbone, Mayor H. Roe Bartle, and Lenny Dawson.