Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed July 11, 2012
ReShonda Tate Billingsley: The Secret She Kept
Tia Giles is pregnant, she’s also suffering from a mental illness and her husband Lance must make the difficult decision of committing her to a mental institution to save the baby, his wife and their marriage.
This is the compelling plot of the new book The Secret She Kept by ReShonda Tate Billingsley, our guest for the second half of this Wednesday's Central Standard. We'll discuss attitudes towards mental illness in the African American community, and her experiences talking about these issues with her extensive fan base.
ReShonda Tate Billingsley will be speaking at the Kansas City Public Library, Central Branch 14 W. 10th St. on Friday, July 13th at 6 p.m. and talk at 6:30 p.m. More info here.
Follow KCUR health news on Twitter.