White, middle-aged Americans' death rates are on the rise, in Kansas City and beyond. How suicide, alcohol and drugs are contributing to the problem. Plus, gaps in mental healthcare services in and around Kansas City.
For immediate help, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 800-273-8255.
- Dan Margolies, health editor, KCUR
- Edward Ellerbeck, chair of preventive medicine and public health, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Jarron St. Onge, assistant professor of sociology and health policy management, University of Kansas
- Molly O'Neill, president and CEO, First Call
- Marcia Epstein, social worker specializing in suicide prevention and bereavement support
- Tom Petrizzo, CEO, Tri-County Mental Health Services