Seg. 1: Career Tech Education. Seg 2: Making Music With Your Family
Segment 1: Why the face of vocational tech education is changing.
When you think of career education classes for high schoolers, what comes to mind? Maybe welding or auto shop? But with today's changing workforce, many students are also preparing for industry fields like coding and biomedical technology. Find out how a school in Lee's Summit is adjusting to meet this need.
- Peggy Hinzman, biomed instructor, Summit Technology Academy
- Chayanne Sandoval-Williams, student
- Dan Kreisman, director, Career and Technology Education Policy Exchange
Segment 2, beginning at 33:15: Do relatives help with resonance?
Bands intertwine different people within the same artistic vision. But what happens if your band members are also family members? We check in with local music groups Victor & Penny and Maria the Mexican to learn what juggling artistry and relationships is like.
- Erin McGrane, Victor & Penny
- Jeff Freling, Victor & Penny
- Maria Cuevas, Maria the Mexican
Victor & Penny will perform at Garden Terrance Stage as part of the Folk Alliance International Conference on Saturday, February 17 at 6:45 p.m. For more information, visit FolkConference.org.