Seg. 1: FBI Investigates College Basketball Bribery. Seg. 2: Planning For Trump's Tax Code Changes.
Segment 1: Adidas and KU have been implicated in an FBI investigation of collegiate basketball.
An FBI indictment released last week alleges that the families of two University of Kansas student-athletes received illegal payments from Adidas as incentive to sign with the school. While the university is not believed to have known about the fraudulent payments, KU continues to work with the athletic apparel company on a $191 million contract extension. We asked how this news could change KU basketball and NCAA athletics.
- Blair Kerkhoff, Kansas City Star sports reporter
- Tom Keegan, Lawrence Journal World sports editor
Segment 2, beginning at 22:08: Preparing for revisions to federal tax code.
After congress voted to pass a major tax overhaul last December, many are wondering how their taxes will change in 2018. To help separate rumor from fact, the Smart Money Experts explained what revisions to the tax code could mean for you and your family in next year's filing.
- Lucas Bucl, KHC Wealth Management principal
- Barbara McMahon, Innovest Financial Partners, Inc., founder
- Sandi Weaver, Petrovic Weaver Financial Services senior advisor