Seg. 1: Modern Victory Gardens | Seg. 2: Financing For Growing Families
Segment 1: An American tradition revived.
In their first iteration, victory gardens provided much needed food for Americans at home and abroad fighting World War I. Now the victory garden concept can be seen in community gardens helping social organizations and food pantries, which often struggle to stock and distribute fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Doran Cart, senior curator of the National WWI Museum and Memorial
- Tamra Reall, field specialist in horticulture at the University of Missouri Extension in Jackson County
Segment 2, beginning at 22:00: One of life's greatest joys is often very, very expensive.
Congratulations — you're having a baby! The crib might be assembled and the car seat secured, but is your financial situation in as good a shape? Our Smart Money Experts returned with some things to consider while making arrangements for your growing family.
- Jamie Bosse, financial advisor and life transitions specialist at Aspyre Wealth Partners
- Kristen Buchman, associate trust officer and financial advisor at the Trust Company
- David Jackson, financial advisor at Waddell & Reed