Seg. 1: Payday Loan Alternative | Seg. 2: 2019's Best Music
Segment 1: A new program allows employees to get help with money through employers.
A new program available to Kansas City companies allows employees to use a benefits system that helps them save money, get access to low-interest loans and establish credit. It's offered in lieu of taking out payday loans, which can have high interest rates.
- Joe Poskin, owner, PRIER Products
- Ronnie Washington, founder and CEO, Onward Financial
- Peggy Lowe, reporter, KCUR
Segment 2, beginning at 21:41: Music enthusiasts share their top picks from the year so far.
The year is more than halfway done, and there was endless local, national and global music to be heard. Bill Brownlee and Judy Mills offered up their top songs of the year so far, ranging from a rerelease of a classic Kansas City jazz musician to modern R&B from Solange.
- Bill Brownlee, music freelancer, Plastic Sax and There Stands the Glass
- Judy Mills, owner, Mills Record Company
Bill Brownlee's Picks:
- Jay McShann - "But Not for Me" from the album "Live in Tokyo"
- Drugs and Attics - "Dad Party" from the album "Clean Their Room"
- Anderson.Paak feat. Smokey Robinson - "Make It Better" from the album "Ventura"
- Solange - "Way to the Show" form the album "When I Get Home"
Judy Mills' Picks:
- The Freedom Affair - "Rise Up"
- Canyons - "Storing Light"
- Nilufer Yanya - "Baby Blu" from the album "Miss Universe"
- The Comet Is Coming - "Blood of the Past"