Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
Thu February 21, 2013
Determining Cause Of Explosion Expected To Take Time
Police say investigation of the fire that gutted a Plaza restaurant that killed one person and injured 15 others will take a bit longer than some expected.
Today's snow storm impeded analysis of the rubble of JJ's restaurant, but the fire department announced another factor that will take more time. Federal investigators are joining area law enforcement in trying to determine the cause of the gas explosion and fire. A fire department spokesperson says doing that could take up to 10 days.
Of the injured, one remains in critical condition at KU Medical Center. Two other victims have been upgraded to serious condition, and one to “fair.” Most have been released.
There was no progress today toward identifying the one person killed. The Medical Examiner's office was closed because of the snow. But the mother of server Megan Cramer says she's sure the victim was her daughter.
Find more coverage of the Plaza fire from KCUR here.
Cops & Crime