Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue November 20, 2012
Fighting Continues In Gaza Amid Talk Of Cease-Fire
Originally published on Tue November 20, 2012 5:14 pm
The war between Israel and the Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip could end up as a victory of sorts for both sides. Hamas' popularity in the Arab world has skyrocketed. Hamas leaders say they've forced Israel to the negotiating table by launching rockets at Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, and held their own for the last week. Their rivals in the Palestinian Authority have been marginalized. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, meanwhile, has received a huge boost to his popularity in the midst of an election campaign. Sheera Frenkel talks to Audie Cornish.