Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Thu May 13, 2010
Sculptures Influenced by Nature at Powell Gardens
In recent years, visitors to Powell Gardens, the 930-acre botanical garden east of Kansas City, have encountered stone sculptures from Zimbabwe, and 30 foot dinosaurs - or explored tree houses and mazes.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – In one of this year's outdoor exhibitions, artist Lyman Whitaker's copper blade sculptures turn with the wind. KCUR's Laura Spencer reports.
Wind Sculpture by Lyman Whitaker
April 1-May 31
Dave Rogers' Big Bugs
May 29-October 3, 2010