Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Mon April 26, 2010
"Train to 2010" Explores Hope in Present-Day South Africa
When it was announced that South Africa would host soccer's World Cup this June, the pride of the country swelled in proportion to the amount of work necessary to bring the infrastructure up to that of previous host countries.
By Steve Walker
Kansas City, MO – That journey is the subject of a new play commissioned by UMKC called "Train to 2010." As KCUR's Steve Walker reports, it involved collaborations between local theater artists and those based half-way across the globe.
"Train to 2010"
directed by Ricardo Khan
Previews April 23-27
Opens Wednesday, April 28
Runs through Sunday, May 2, 2010
Helen F. Spencer Theatre
Olson Performing Arts Center
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast