Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Thu December 16, 2010
"A Very Joan Crawford Christmas" at the Unicorn
Watch any old movie from the 1930s or '40s and you're likely to hear Kansas City worked into the script. One reason may be that it was a stop for planes and trains traveling between the coasts. But another reason could be traced to the fact that many movie stars of the period were from Kansas City, including Ginger Rogers, Wallace Beery and Jean Harlow. The most famous native, though, was Joan Crawford, who is the subject of a new play with a twisted holiday theme.
By Steve Walker
Kansas City, MO –
"A Very Joan Crawford Christmas"
By Jeff Church & Ron Megee
December 8, 2010 - January 2, 2011
3828 Main Street
Kansas City, MO
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast