KCI Terminal Update | Midwest River Reports
A progress update on the new terminal at Kansas City International Airport and a preview of Harvest Public Media's series on Midwest waterways.
Segment 1, beginning at 0:57: KCI's $1.5 billion terminal is halfway done.
The new terminal at Kansas City International Airport is on schedule and on budget. Even thought it won't be completed until March 2023, enough progress has been made that officials are showing it off now. Over $5.5 million is dedicated to public art projects, some of which have already been selected.
- Carlos Moreno, KCUR visual reporter
- Hector Casanova, artist and member of the Municipal Art Commission
- Geoff Stricker, managing director for Edgemoor Infrastructure & Real Estate
Segment 2, beginning at 27:14: Where agriculture and rivers intersect is more than water for crops.
A new series from Harvest Public Media looks at waterway issues in America's heartland including moving products from farm to market and agriculture's impact on the water. Reporters in Missouri, Illinois and Oklahoma are investigating how rivers are managed in different states and their relationships with the environment and the economy.
- Jonathan Ahl, Missouri reporter for Harvest Public Media and Rolla, Missouri, correspondent for St. Louis Public Radio
- Seth Bodine, agriculture and rural issues reporter for KOSU and Harvest Public Media
- Dana Cronin, agriculture and environment reporter for Harvest Public Media and Illinois Public Media