Segment 1: Education & Online Curriculum
A digital education platform introduced to a couple of Kansas school districts has received criticism from some parents. At the forefront of the debate is the question: is education reform tapping into the potential of technology? Or are we disrupting a tried-and-true method of teaching?
- Mark Whitener, superintendent, Wellington Public School District
- Tom Henning, parent from Wellington, Kansas, with concerns over Summit Learning platform
- Kyle Palmer, KCUR morning newscaster & host of No Wrong Answers
- Jane McManus, director, Virtual Learning Network at the University of Kansas
Segment 2, beginning at 38:50: Angela Ruch
The only mom actively competing in NASCAR is racing in Kansas City during Mother's Day weekend. We find out more about her story and what it's like to balance life as a professional racer with the challenges of parenthood.
- Angela Ruch, racecar driver