In Kansas City, there are so many vacant properties that the city tried to sell some of them for a dollar. We take a look at the stories of abandoned homes — why are they empty and how do they affect communities, both urban and rural?
- Ryan McMaken, economist, author, "America's Urban Rural 'Divide' Doesn't Really Exist"
- John Hachmeister, owner of a house in rural Kansas
- Margaret May, Executive Director, Ivanhoe Neighborhood Association
- Dale Fugate, McCoy Park Neighbors
- Shirley Taylor, former mayor of Orrick, Missouri