Seg. 1: Distilleries In KC | Seg. 2: Best Restaurant Snacks
Segment 1: New distilleries revive the past, with a twist.
Why was 9th street, in the West Bottoms, once known as the "wettest block"? Why did a spirits industry thrive here in the 19th century and then fade even before Prohibition? And what's it like to ride the slide at the new East Bottoms facility for J. Rieger & Co.?
- Pete Dulin, author, Expedition of Thirst
- Karla Deel, author, forthcoming Storied and Scandalous Kansas City (due out November 1, 2019)
Segment 2: The food critics find the best appetizers, snacks and finger foods on Kansas City menus.
From charcuterie boards and calamari to nachos, chicharrones and duck-fat kettle corn, Kansas City is home some quality menu items for sharing and grazing when you're feeling snackish.
- Carlton Logan, KCfoodguys.com and Kansas City Eats on Facebook
- Jenny Vergara, contributing editor, Feast Magazine
- Jill Silva, freelance food writer and event producer, Jill Silva Food