Seg. 1: Jackson County Property Assessments | Seg. 2: Women & Self-Defense
Segment 1: Jackson County officials respond to skyrocketing property assessment values.
The Jackson County Legislature has asked County Executive Frank White to re-do property assessment this year because of a dramatic spike in values. The county assessor and legislative leaders discussed how to fix the problem, and why the assessments have historically been so low.
- Theresa Galvin, chair, Jackson County Legislature
- Dan Tarwater, vice chair, Jackson County Legislature
- Gail McCann Beatty, director of assessment, Jackson County
- Caleb Clifford, chief of staff, Jackson County executive
Segment 2, beginning at 31:30: How women are going out of their way to protect themselves.
Meet two women who took different paths in ensuring their safety. One decided to take a self-defense class and was taught how to use a tactical pen, and the other chose to carry a gun. They talked about what led them to wanting more protection.
- Corinne Mosher, firearms instructor and director of education, Centerfire Shooting Sports
- Cathy Riley, attendee of non-firearms self-defense class