Seg. 1: First Friday Shooting | Seg. 2: Architecture For The Blind
Segment 1: Weekend shootings in Kansas City spark concern about public events
This weekend saw multiple fatal shootings in Kansas City, one of them occurred shortly after First Friday in the Crossroads, where thousands of people had congregated. The incident has community members and leaders reconsidering Kansas City's violent crime problem, and how to rein it in.
- Mayor Quinton Lucas, Kansas City, Missouri
- Tayler Hammersmith, friend of weekend shooting victim
- Jeff Owens, president, Crossroads Community Association
- Missouri Rep. Judy Morgan, D-Kansas City
Segment 2, beginning at 31:00: Blind architect finds the right tools to continue his work without sight
Chris Downey was a husband, father and architect when he lost his sight after brain surgery to remove a tumor. He doesn't think of his impairment as an obstacle, though. We find out how he still works as an architect, advocates for the visually impaired and plays baseball with his son.
- Chris Downey, architect, planner and consultant