With its short brick buildings and narrow alleyways, Westport is one of the iconic places in town — it's where the city began. But two new proposals have people worried: there's one for a six-story apartment building, and there's also talk of privatizing some Westport streets at night.
What is the character of Westport, and to whom do those streets belong?
- Franklin Kimbrough, Executive Director, Westport Regional Business League
- Rick Usher, Assistant City Manager for Small Business and Entrepreneurship, City Manager's Office, Kansas City, Missouri
- Daniel Serda, inSITE planning
- Kevin Collison, KCUR contributor
- Lisa Lassman Briscoe, Executive Director, Historic Kansas City