Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Mon April 20, 2009
St. Louis Journalists Start Web-Only News Organization
Kansas City, MO – Journalists in a few cities around the country are banding together to form web-only news organizations. Many of them are non-profit, supported primarily by foundation grants, and often staffed by reporters laid off from the big city dailies. One of these experiments in news media began publishing online about a year ago in St. Louis. KCUR's Sylvia Maria Gross spoke to one of the founders of the St. Louis Beacon, editor Margaret Frievogel, who is a veteran of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.