The Best Local Music Of 2014
Kansas City is a hotbed of quality music . You can bop your head to The Architects' rockin' sound, sway to the smooth cords of Hembree, or sing along to the powerful vocals of Katy Guillen & the Girls. On this edition of Up to Date, we review the best in area music from 2014.
Bill Brownlee is a music critic for The Star. He writes Kansas City's authoritative jazz blogplasticsax.com.
- "REL" by St. Louis based artist Peter Schlamb off his new album Tinks
- "Cadillac" by The Architects off the album Border Wars (Episode II)
- "Old Bamboo" by Jorge Arana Trio off the album Oso
- "Summer High" by Various Blonde off the album Summer High
Hannah Copeland is a senior at UMKC where she is the president of Sonic Posse, a student music collective.
- "Walk Alone" by Hembree off the album Single
- "Say Something" by MC Storm off the album Everything Is a Remix
- "It's You" by Kangaroo Knife Fight off the album Self Titled
Chris Haghirian is with Ink Magazing and starting January 6th he will be hosting the music show, Eight One Sixty, every Tuesday at 6pm on 90.9 The Bridge.