Seg. 1: Sprint Merger Updates | Seg. 2: College Sports Preview
Segment 1: Continuing developments still don't seal the deal for a merger of Sprint and T-Mobile
Last month the Justice Department gave final approval to the $26-billion deal between the communications companies. This week the Federal Communications Commission chair recommended going ahead with it. In the way is a lawsuit brought by 16 attorneys general looking to derail the proposed union. Learn what the success or failure of the merger could mean for Sprint and T-Mobile, urban and rural consumers and company employees.
- Peggy Lowe, reporter for KCUR and investigative producer for APM Reports
- Mike Dano, editorial director of 5G & Mobile Strategies for Light Reading
- Carri Bennet, general counsel for Rural Wireless Association
Segment 2, begining at 26:39: College athletes gear up for fall competitions
Between Kansas and Missouri, four collegiate football programs have new coaches. Colleges in the region did not fare well in soccer ratings and two regional schools will play on the big stage of Arrowhead Stadium.
- Greg Echlin, sports contributor for KCUR
- Dennis Dodd, senior writer for CBSSports.com