Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Mon July 25, 2011
Dressing Up for the Dog Days
By Laura Ziegler and Brenna Daldorph
KANSAS CITY, MO – The hot weather has many of us wearing as little as possible: tank tops and shorts are pretty standard for women who are going to be outside for any length of time. But this isn't the case in every culture or time period.
During this week's heat wave, Laura Ziegler spoke to some area women about different approaches to dressing for the heat and KC Currents' intern Brenna Daldorph checked out real examples of what Kansas Citians were wearing in the early years of the 20th century.