Segment 1: Why are educated professionals leaving Kansas City?
A recent study showed that more people with college degrees are leaving Kansas City at a faster rate than they're coming in. A look at why, and what that means for the city as a whole.
- Taylor Miller, KC resident who is moving to Seattle to work for Amazon
- John Murphy, co-founder, KC Rising
- Lorenzo Butler, former KC resident; Business Communication Manager, Miami Heat
- Frank Lenk, Mid-America Regional Council
Segment 2, beginning at beginning at 38:09: KC's ukelele scene.
We may be far from sandy beaches, but ukelele players are pretty active in town. From ukelele flash mobs to Ukes on the Roof and a Ukelele Fight Club, find out why the small, four-string instrument is hot right now.
- David Firman, founding member, Kansas City Ukesters
Ukes on the Roof Monthly Meetup, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., fourth Monday of the month at the Central Library, 14 W. 10th Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64105.