Review The Candidates, Races & Ballot Measures Primary Voters Will Consider In Kansas & Missouri
A final look at candidates for Kansas' U.S. House and Senate seats, and state and local offices and ballot measures in Missouri.
Segment 1, beginning at 4:00: A final look at candidates for Kansas' U.S. House and Senate seats, and state offices in Missouri.
The races for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Congressional Districts of Kansas have drawn a number of contenders, as has the contest to fill the seat of retiring U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts. In Missouri, ballots will feature a former city councilwoman running for lieutenant governor, and the option to expand Medicaid. In the Democratic primary for Jackson County sheriff, the incumbent faces off against his predecessor.
- Jim McLean, political reporter for Kansas News Service
- Michael Smith, chair of social sciences and professor of political science at Emporia State University
- Alex Smith, health reporter for KCUR
- Aviva Okeson-Haberman, Missouri government and politics reporter for KCUR
- Sam Zeff, metro reporter for KCUR